-ផ្ទៃដី ១២.០១៦ គម២
-ប្រជាជន ១០២.១០៦ នាក់
-ចំនួនភូមិះឃុំស្រុះក មាន ១២៨ ភូមិ, ៤ ស្រុក, ក្រុង ១
-មន្ទីរពាណិជ្ជកម្មខេត្តៈ ភូមិព្រែក សង្កាត់ស្ទឹងត្រែង ក្រុងស្ទឹងត្រែង ខេត្តស្ទឹងត្រែង ទូរស័ព្ទលេខៈ ០១២ ៩៨៦ ៧៧៣
- Provincial Department of Commerce: Village Prek, S/K Stung Treng, Trung Treng City. Tel: 012 986 773
History: Orange tree were imported from Battambang province to be grown in Stung Treng during the 1960s. Stung Treng oranges are believed to have the same good taste as Battambang and Pursat oranges. Today, the provincial authorities have prepared a work plan to develop new areas for growing orange in in Stung Treng in order to improve living standards and reduce poverty reduction in this province.
- Production size: cultivated area is 172 hectare, the average yield is approximately 500 fruits/tree. The two largest districts that grow oranges are Siem Bok district and Stung Treng City.
- Market: domestic market.
Mr. Tith Chean: Former Seim Bok District Governor: Koh Sompheay Village, Koh SomPheay Commune, Siem Bok District. Tel: 012 986 773.
Cassava is a plant originally coming from South Africa. From there it was spreading to various tropical and sub-tropical regions. Cassava is a crop that can be processed into many other products such as ethanol, animal feed or cassava starch/flour for human consumption.
- Production size: Cultivation area is 1,813 hectare, yields are about 7,252 tons/year.
- Number of producers: There are not yet any larger private companies having invested in cassava in this province. However, the farmers cultivate cassava mostly in Siem Pang, Siem Bok, Sesane, Thalaborivate Districts and in Stung Treng City.
- Market: Dry cassava is exported to Vietnam or supplied to cassava processing factories in Kampong Cham.
Cassava producer Ly Sieng Heng: Recheanoukol Village, Sankat Stung Treng, Stung Treng City, Stung Treng Province. Tel: 092 64 73 52.
In Stung Treng Province, located in high land area, good soil conditions exist for agricultural and agro-industrial products such as cassava, natural rubber or/and cashew nuts. There are not yet any larger investments of private companies in this sector. Currently, farmers grew cashew nuts on their land mostly in Siem Pang, Siem Bok, Sesane, Thalaborivate Districts and in Stung Treng City.
- Production size: Cultivation area for cashew nuts accounts for 657 hectare. Yields are about 778 tons per year.
- Harvest time: Early of March to late of April.
- Market: Export to Vietnam or distribution to Kampong Cham Province.
Cashew nut collector Mr. Choung Samnang: Trapieng Pring Village, Sangkat Stung Treng, Stung Treng City. Tel: 012 56 02 22.