-ផ្ទៃដី ៩.៧៩៨.៦០ គម២
-ប្រជាជន ១.៧៨៦.៤៥៧ នាក់
-ចំនួនភូមិ/ឃុំ/ស្រុក មាន ១.៧៥៨ ភូមិ, ១៦៧ ឃុំ, ១៥ ស្រុក, សង្កាត់៦, ក្រុងសួង និងក្រុងកំពង់ចាម
-មន្ទីរពាណិជ្ជកម្មខេត្តៈ ផ្ទះលេខ៣៣ ភូមិ១៤ ក្រុងកំពង់ចាម ខេត្តកំពង្កចាម
ទូរស័ព្ទលេខៈ ០១២ ៦៧៤ ០៤៥ / ០១២ ៩៧៤ ៤៧៦
- Provincial Department of Commerce: No. 33, Phum 14, Kampong Cham City. Tel: 012 674 045 / 012 97 44 76. E-mail:
Sesame is a plant which has small grains that are grown in tropical areas around the world. Sesame is used for cuisine in many dishes but is also used as sesame’s oil for spa products. The farmers in Kampong Cham Province cultivate sesame on their land mostly chemical free.
- Production: Cultivated areas is 13,305 ha, yields are approximately 8,518 tons per year.
- Market: Local market and export to Vietnam.
Collector and trader: Treung Commune, Kampong Cham Provine. Contact Mr. Mark Lay, Tel: 012 922 073.
Most of the farmers in Krouch Chmar, Dei Doss, Kampong Cham, Koh Pen and Koh Sotinn who cultivate tobacco sell their produce for processing to local British American Tobacco Cambodia (BAT) under a system of contract farming.
- Production size: Cultivated areas is 8,744 ha, yields are approximately 13,116 tons/year.
- Producers: A private company introduced a contract farming system which includes 800 families as members. In addition, there are many other independent families doing tobacco cultivation.
- Market: BAT Cambodia and some export to Vietnam as a tobacco leaves.
- Harvest time: Every 3 months.
British American Tobacco Cambodia Co., Ltd: Preah Ang Eng Street, village No.3, Venlvong Commune, Kampong Cham District. Tel: 12 602 555 / 012 780 006. E-mail:
, Contact to Mr. Tes Sophaphal, manager
Memot district of Kampong Cham Province is the largest pepper producing region in Cambodia if compared to other producing regions such as Kep, Kampot, Preah Sihanouk, Kratie and Takeo provinces etc.
- Production: Cultivated areas is 347 ha, average output is 6-8 tons/ha. The total quantity of black pepper collected in Kampong Cham and other surrounding areas is about 5,000 tons per year.
- Producers: More than 300 families, mostly in Memot district and some small farmers in Por Nhear Krek district of Kampong Cham.
- Market: 90% of total output is exported to Thailand, 10% to Vietnam and local market.
- Harvest season: March to June.
- Mr. Yin Sopha Commune Chief: Dar Phsar village, Dar Commune, Memot District, Kampong Cham, Tel: 012 607 263 / 011 252 891.
- Chay Sor black pepper collector: Chi Bess village, Memot Commune, Memot District, Kampong Cham. Contact Mrs. Chay Sor Tel: 012 486 134 / 012 436 115 / 092 902 525.