-ផ្ទៃដី ១០.២៩៩.៤៣ គម២
-ប្រជាជន ៨៦៤.៣៧៥ នាក់
-ចំនួនភូមិ/ឃុំ/ស្រុក មាន ៩២១ ភូមិ, ១០០ ឃុំ, ១២ ស្រុក
-មន្ទីរពាណិជ្ជកម្មខេត្តៈ ភូមិបូណ៌ សង្កាត់សាលាកំរើក ខណ្ឌសៀមរាប ក្រុងសៀមរាប ខេត្តសៀមរាប
ទូរស័ព្ទលេខៈ / ០១២ ៨៩៥ ៤៧១ / ០១២ ៧៥២ ៤១១
- Provincial Department of Commerce: Phum Bo, S/K Sala Kamraek, K/H Siem Reap, Siem Reap City. Tel: 012 89 54 71/ 012 75 24 11.
Cambodian Golden Silk is originally made from silkworms that eat mulberry leaves. In Cambodia, growing mulberry trees, feeding silkworms and spinning and weaving silk is practiced since the 13th century and continued to develop until World War II. The activities to produce silk took place at the outskirts of Phnom Penh, along Mekong river, Basak river, Tonle Sap, the islands on Mekong river, Kampot, Kampong Thom, Siem Reap, Battambang and Takeo where it can be seen until today.
- Uniqueness of Khmer Silk: Hand-made product produced with natural dye.
- Silk producers: There are two main production places, Artisans D’Angkor and Institute for Khmer Traditional Textiles (IKTT).
- Market: Domestic market and export to many countries.
- Institute for Khmer Traditional Textiles (IKTT): # 024, Choub Som village, Pake Sneng Commune, Angkok Thom District, Siem Reap Province. Contact Ms. Naran, Tel: 012 548 907 / 012 63 48 44
- Artisans D’Angkor, Tel.: 063 963 330 / Fax: 63 964 097, webside: www.artisansdangkor.com
Handicraft products made from rattan and small species of rattan include small round baskets, flat baskets, small flat baskets, shallow baskets, etc. which are Khmer traditional equipments since ancient times. These products have a light weight; are comfortable, easy to store and mobile. These products are heritage from our ancestors.
- Production quantity: 20,000 to 30,000 units per month.
- Number of producers: One rattan handicraft producer community and many independent families who produce rattan handicrafts.
- Market: Domestic market and export.
Handicraft trader: Ta Ross village, Sankat Kro Beiy Reil, Siem Reap City. Contact Mr.Thoung Sang, Tel.: 012 321 621 / 012320 906
Pra Hok (fish paste) is a traditional Khmer food since ancient times. Villagers from Kampog Klaing produce Pra Hok by using Trey Kam Plearnh, a flat fish, as the main raw material. The producers experience is that this fish species can be stored for a long time. With assistance from the Ministry of Commerce, Kampong Klaing’s Pra Hok producers formed an association in order to develop their product and improve quality and packaging which will provide higher value added.
- Production: 600-700 tons per year.
- Pra Hok producers: One association (Kampong Klaing Pra Hok’s Association) and one private company (Angkor Golden Fish Enterprise).
- Market: Domestic market and export to Vietnam and Thailand.
Contact for Business:
- Kampong Klaing Pra Hok’s Association: Ta Chraneng village, Kampong Klaing Commune, Sott Nykom District, Siem Reap. Contact Mrs. Proum Hong, Tel: 012 374 044.
- Angkor Golden Fish Enterprise: Por Banteay village, Siem Reap Commune, Siem Reap District, Siem Reap. Contact Mrs. Hok Pring, Tel: 012 79 31 89.