-ផ្ទៃដី ៦.៦៣២ គម២
-ប្រជាជន ១៧០.៤៣៤ នាក់
-ចំនួនភូមិ/ឃុំ/ស្រុក មាន ២៣២ ភូមិ, ១៩ ឃុំ, ៤ ស្រុក, សង្កាត់ ៥, ក្រុង ១
-មន្ទីរពាណិជ្ជកម្មខេត្តៈ ភូមិកំនត់ សង្កាត់បន្សាយរាក់ ក្រុងសំរោង ខេត្តឧត្តរមានជ័យ ទូរស័ព្ទលេខៈ ០១២ ៣៦៥ ៦៨០
- Provincial Department of Commerce: Kamnott village, S/K Bansay Rak, Samrong City, Orddor Meanchey.Tel: 012 365 680.
Green bean is an agricultural product that farmers grow in addition to their main crop. Farmers from Oddar Meanchey Province have extended their cultivation area for this crop in recent years due to its short cultivation period. The plant is mostly found in Trapaing Brasard and Chong Karl district.
- Production: Cultivation area is 298 ha, yields are 357 tons per year.
- Market: Phnom Penh and export to Thailand (conducted through a collection center).
Mr. Noun Saroeu cash crop collector, Tel: 011 775 322
Vegetables are the main nutrition source for human beings besides rice, fish and meat. Due to the high market demand and good prices many farmers switched to vegetable farming. They cultivate several varieties of vegetables for local consumption and thus contributed to the replacement of imported products from neighboring countries.
- Production: Cultivation area is 309 ha which provide an output of 371 tons per year.
- Producer: Farmers in Samrong district formed a vegetable planting community.
- Market: Local market and Siem Reap Province.
Vegetable farm owner: Oh Russey village, Samrong Commune, Samrong District, Oddar Meanchey Province. Contact Mr. Kim Saron, Tel: 012 294 163
Soybeans are a commercial crop which has a high market demand. Some of the farmers are cultivating soybean at the same time as paddy rice can be grown, however, soybean can be planted in any season. Trapaing Prasard’s farmers imported soybean seeds from Thailand for combining it with local soybean varieties in order to get higher yield.
- Production: Cultivated area is 926 ha, yields are 1,204 tons per year.
- Market: Phnom Penh and export to Thailand and Vietnam.
- Harvest season: October to November.
Contact Mr. Noun Saroeu, cash crops collector: Tra Prasard village, Tra Paing Prasard Commune, Oddar Meanchey Province, Tel: 011 775 322