-ផ្ទៃដី ៣៧៤.០២ គម២
-ប្រជាជន ៤១.១៧៥ នាក់
-ចំនួនភូមិ/ឃុំ/ស្រុក មាន ១៦ ភូមិ, ៣ ឃុំ, ១ ស្រុក, សង្កាត់ ២, ក្រុង ១
-មន្ទីរពាណិជ្ជកម្មខេត្តៈ ភូមិកែប សង្កាត់កែប ក្រុងកែប ខេត្តកែប ទូរស័ព្ទលេខៈ ០១៦ ៦៣២ ៦២៦
- Provincial Department of Commerce: Kep village, S/K Kep, Kep City. Tel: 012 92 10 65 / 012 83 51 24.
Kep Province is located at the coastline of Cambodia and produces besides fish sauce, sea salt and pepper other cash crops. Kep Province draws considerable attention of tourists due the short travel distance if compared to others coastal provinces. Crabs, prawn and sea fish which are available at Kep and Kampot’s coast are of highest importance as food products for tourists.
Fish sauce is an indispensable ingredient for cooking for Cambodians in daily life. Kep province which is located along Cambodia’s Southeastern coast line has the ability to produce sufficient fish sauce for local consumption. In order to produce the final product it’s takes about 12-14 months by combining ingredients such as sugar, seasoning and natural salt with sea fish.
- Production size: Approximately 110, 000 liters per year.
- Producers: Two main production sites in Kep province which are “Leang Heng” and “Tep Machchaa”
- “Leang Heng” fish sauce enterprise: Kep village, Sangkat Kep, Kep City, Kep Province, contact to Mr. Uy Meng, Tel: 012 37 55 17
- “Tep Machchaa” fish sauce enterprise: Phum Thmey, Sangkat Prey Thom, Kep City, Kep Province, Tel: 012 92 15 78 / 012 67 40 63 / 012 29 79 43.
Salt is an indispensable food product and important source of nutrition for humans. In Cambodia, salt production is highly depending on weather conditions. If the weather condition is good the yields are very favorable. In order to get the final salt product a stepwise production process is required that takes around 30 to 45 days including the addition of iodine substance before market distribution is possible.
- Production: Kep-Kampot’s salt producing fields comprise 4,476 hectare. Yields are approximately 140,000 tons per year for good weather condition; however, too heavy rain can reduce the output to 13,000 tons per year (which causes a shortage of salt in the domestic market).
- Producers: In total, 185 groups of salt producers exist in Kep and Kampot. Salt producing fields located along coastal line from Kep reach from Thmey village, Boeung Touk Commune, Kampot District to Loke village, Ruessy Sroke Commune, Kampong Trarch District, which is next to the Vietnamese border.
- Market: Domestic market
Kep-Kamport Salt Producers Community: Sovan Sakor Village, Sangkat Kamport Kandal, Kampot, Tel: 033 932 345 / 012 899 885, Fax: 033 932 345