-ផ្ទៃដី ៤.៦៩៥ គម២
-ប្រជាជន ៦០.៩០៤ នាក់
-ចំនួនភូមិ/ឃុំ/ស្រុក មាន ៤៨២ ភូមិ, ៩២ ឃុំ, ៨ស្រុក
-មន្ទីរពាណិជ្ជកម្មខេត្តៈ ភូមិ ១៣ ឧសភា សង្កាត់កំពង់កណ្តាល ក្រុងកំពត ខេត្តកំពត
ទូរស័ព្ទលេខ ០១២ ៧១៥ ១២៥ / ០១៧ ៩២៥ ៧៩៣
- Provincial Department of Commerce: Village May 13, S/K Kampong Kandal, Kamport City. Tel: 012 715 125 / 017 925 793.
Fish sauce is a common and popular product for Cambodians in daily life. Kampot province located along the coastal area has sufficient ability to produce fish sauce for local consumption and export to foreign countries. Fish sauce from Kampot is highly popular in Cambodia.
- Raw materials: Sugar, seasoning, natural salt and fish (Ka Keum fish). The production process takes about 12-14 months.
- Production size: Approximately 600,000 - 840,000 liters per year.
- Producers: One large producer ( “E CHE Ngov Heng”) and other small family businesses.
Treuy Koh Enterprise “E Che Ngove Heng”: Ta Ang Village, Sankgat Treuy Koh, Kampot City, Kampot Province. Contact Mr. Chan Setha, Tel: 012 27 22 23
Sea-Salt is an indispensable foodstuff and important nutrition for humans. In Cambodia, natural sea-salt can be produced at southwest seashore areas such as Kep, Kampot, Preah Sihanouk and Koh Kong provinces. The Kep-Kampot natural sea-salt is produced from natural sea water in a four-stage production process that takes about 30-45 days. After collecting the natural sea-salt will be mixed with iodine substance provided by the UNICEF in order to improve the health of consumers before being sold to domestic markets.
- Production: Cultivation area is 4,475.94 hectares, yields are approximately 140,000 tons per year for good weather. For heavy rain the total output can decrease to 13,000 tons per year (which causes a shortage of salt in the domestic market).
- Producers: 185 groups of sea-salt producers, located in Kep Thmey village, Boeung Touk Comune, Kampot District and Loke village, Ruessy Sroke Commune, Kampong Trarch District (near the Vietnamese border)
- Market: Domestic market
Kep-Kamport Salt Producer Community: Sovan Sakor Village, Sangkat Kamport Kandal, Kampot, Tel: 033 932 345 or 012 899 885, Fax: 033 932 345
Pepper, a vine plant, growing in the area of Kep and Kampot province, is known in Cambodia by people as “Kampot Pepper”. Kampot Pepper was very well-known for many years. Recently, this Kampot Pepper became protected by GI law prepared by the Ministry of Commerce in Cambodia. The current cultivation area is located between mountains and the seashore with a cool wind which provides Kampot Pepper with a very distinct flavor, good smell, enthralling aroma as well a strong and delicate taste.
- Production: The Kampot Pepper Association has a production capacity of 22,896 pepper poles. Total yields are approximately12 tons per year.
- Producers: There are 114 families who joint Kampot Pepper Association and they are mostly located in Kampong Trarche, Dang Tong, Chhouk, and Khan Damnake Changeur of Kampot-Kep provinces. Other pepper producing families are not yet participating in this association.
- Market: Green pepper is sold in the domestic market, black pepper is exported to Australia and some European counties.
- Harvest: Middle of January to May.
- Farmlink Ltd: Sovan Sa Kor Village, Sangkat Kampong Kandal, Kampot city, Kampot province. Contact Mr. Jerome Benezech, Tel: 012 36 53 21, E-mail:
- Ministry of Commerce, Trade Promotion Department: No. 65-69, St. 136, Sangkat Phsar Kandal 1, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Tel: 016 54 77 59 / 017 49 50 91, E-mail: kith_