Pra Hok (fish paste) is a traditional Khmer food since ancient times. Villagers from Kampog Klaing produce Pra Hok by using Trey Kam Plearnh, a flat fish, as the main raw material. The producers experience is that this fish species can be stored for a long time. With assistance from the Ministry of Commerce, Kampong Klaing’s Pra Hok producers formed an association in order to develop their product and improve quality and packaging which will provide higher value added.
- Production: 600-700 tons per year.
- Pra Hok producers: One association (Kampong Klaing Pra Hok’s Association) and one private company (Angkor Golden Fish Enterprise).
- Market: Domestic market and export to Vietnam and Thailand.
Contact for Business:
- Kampong Klaing Pra Hok’s Association: Ta Chraneng village, Kampong Klaing Commune, Sott Nykom District, Siem Reap. Contact Mrs. Proum Hong, Tel: 012 374 044.
- Angkor Golden Fish Enterprise: Por Banteay village, Siem Reap Commune, Siem Reap District, Siem Reap. Contact Mrs. Hok Pring, Tel: 012 79 31 89.