Maize can be use for many purposes such as food for humans, or it can be processed into animal feed, bio-fuel or medicine. Farmers in Pursat Province started to cultivate maize in a large quantity in 2005, most cultivation can be found in Veal Veng and Phnom Krovanh district.
- Production size: Total yield is 2.271 ton per year.
- Collectors: Collection of maize is done at three different locations in Pursat province, a small-scale silo exists for drying the maize before export is conducted.
- Market: Whole sale center in Neak Loeung and to the company “MasterFood” (a factory to process maize into animal feed).
- Harvest time: Twice a year (June to October and September to December).
- Mr. Pich Sokchea (collector and distributor): Phum Bos Poury, Khom Leach, Phnom Krovanh Distict, Pursat Province, Tel: 012 64 53 84 / 012 59 41 37
- Mr. Hor Heang (collector and distributor): Phum Leach, Khom Leach, Phnom Krovanh Distict, Pursat Province, Tel: 092 225 936